Thursday 14 June 2012

So, how's it going?


We have walked 230 miles now, that is over a third of the way. I am very pleased with how it is going - our bodies are holding up reasonably well (although my left knee continues to be troublesome on descents). My note-taking and sketching is improving every week, I am starting to sense the rhythm of the coastline and am noticing repeating motifs, I am also starting to think beyond the obvious and considering other ways of expressing my experience. I do find the transition from being on the path to being back in the studio and vice versa very difficult, it is particularly frustrating leaving the studio if I am immersed in a particular piece of work as I know I have to put it off to one side so that I am ready to absorb another week's input.




No comments:

Post a Comment