Friday 21 June 2013

Week 7: Plymouth to Brixham - Day 47




Dartmouth to Brixham
11 miles (walked 5)
Word of the day: Sea-mist

An early morning ferry crossing of the River Dart on the lower ferry and we were disappointed to find the cafe did not open until 10am. So we walked out to the old gun emplacement at Froward Point for home made mint tea.


We met Arthur Metcalfe from Yorkshire who was walking the path for the sixteenth time, just for a change he started this time at John O'Groats in mid March!

Sea-mist got even thicker this afternoon, but at least the rain stopped. Called it a day at Ivy Cove and walked up to Coleton Camp so that my Dad could pick us up and take us home. I will return in a few days time when the visibility improves. 

I have had a really good week. It has made me look at and appreciate my local beaches and cliff-walks in the context of the whole coastline. I will never look at them in the same way again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment