I have decided to divide the walk into two halves. Having completed the northern section this year, I plan to walk the Southern section in spring next year - it should have stopped raining by then!! This decision is only partly due to the unrelenting weather conditions - I see no point in walking and camping if I can't actually do any artwork. The other reason is that I started to feel overwhelmed by the amount of information I was trying to absorb. It was always a mammoth undertaking to try and do it in one go, even if everything went smoothly. I don't want to rush it and by doing it in two sections I can enjoy it and have enough time to fully develop the work.
I still have to revisit a few locations that I missed during the first four weeks, so when the weather improves (which I'm sure it will now I have stopped trying to walk!) I will sneak out and fill in the gaps.
All exhibitions and events that I have booked will continue as planned, and I can now look forward to planning some more for the second half.
I will send monthly blogs/newsletters out to keep in touch with you all.