Sunday 9 June 2013

Week 6: Falmouth to Plymouth - Day 38

Lansallos to Looe
9 miles
Word of the day: Sunshine





Straight onto a strenuous section between Lansallos and Polperro - the hardest since we left the north coast. Stopped to sketch a natural rock arch at Colors Cove, just west of Polperro. 









Very hot today (not that we're complaining you understand!) so we had to stop for tea and a cool down at Talland Bay. Also, my knee has started to play up again - first time this year. 

Easier going after Talland brought us to a headland above the Hore Stone with a great view of St George's Island.

Stopped to sketch the multi-coloured rocks. It was at this point that I wished I had more colours in my kit. I had to record the colours by describing them in words in my sketch book - hopefully this will be enough to jog my memory.








Got to Looe and decided to call it a day (the choice was a 2 mile walk uphill to a remote campsite or staying here for cold beer and hot food - a no brainer really).

No comments:

Post a Comment