Wednesday, 11 July 2012

OK Mother Nature – You win!

I have decided to divide the walk into two halves. Having completed the northern section this year, I plan to walk the Southern section in spring next year - it should have stopped raining by then!! This decision is only partly due to the unrelenting weather conditions - I see no point in walking and camping if I can't actually do any artwork. The other reason is that I started to feel overwhelmed by the amount of information I was trying to absorb. It was always a mammoth undertaking to try and do it in one go, even if everything went smoothly. I don't want to rush it and by doing it in two sections I can enjoy it and have enough time to fully develop the work.

I still have to revisit a few locations that I missed during the first four weeks, so when the weather improves (which I'm sure it will now I have stopped trying to walk!) I will sneak out and fill in the gaps.

All exhibitions and events that I have booked will continue as planned, and I can now look forward to planning some more for the second half.

I will send monthly blogs/newsletters out to keep in touch with you all.

1 comment:

  1. Anita, there is absolutely nothing wrong with pausing a project. We are rarely patient enough to allow thoughts to emerge, and the work will carry on in your head even as you are NOT walking. It might even be better for it. Painting is not about instant response.
    Also, you never know what will come out of a project...sometimes it's years before the fruit really ripens. The summer I was artist in residence at Sharpham House it rained every day for three months. April, May and June! I was in despair but all sorts of good things came out of the experience, maybe even some good work - but it didn't come for months even years. Just a thought. Stay well. xxx